My Guys - You Gotta' Love Um

My Music Mix


Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Tree in Winter

Tree In Winter Photo by Petr Kratochvil

I really don't know why, but I have a fascination with trees. While driving to my son Matthew's game today in Albertville I was looking out at the trees devoid of all leaves I had a simple thought - Shouldn't I be something like this tree?

Tree in Winter by Jennifer Jensen

Rooted firmly,
In the Truth and
In my most vulnerable state -
Totally humble.

Trusting,
That the One
Who gives life will
Bring a change.

Waiting patiently,
Without doubt or fear
For a Spring
And Everlasting Life.

Knowing,
This Life exists now
But only in part
And as a Shadow.

Hoping,
In a True Hope,
Yet living
With this longing.

Anticipating,
A Brighter Sun
That brings
A Glorious Day.

3 comments:

Karen White said...

Beautiful, Jennifer! I miss you guys!!! Hope your Christmas was full of joy and pray your new year is better than the last.

Karen White

Jennifer said...

Sorry, I don't look at my blog very often. We had a great, if busy, Christmas.

Yesterday was a blast for the boys and I am taking some time to read Confessions by Augustine because of the snow day.

I hope you are doing well. Where are you now?

Brandi said...

Very nice. I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing...Brandi