My Guys - You Gotta' Love Um

My Music Mix


Monday, March 09, 2009

Brokenness and Humility

My heart is being searched and I am seeing a great deal more of "why" I should be humble. All it took was for me to read 41 Evidences Of Pride.

I have been reading a great deal lately about spiritual revival and humility. It all seems so hard until you realize that what you have been living for is a lie.

Every time I get frustrated because things are not working out my way;
every time I get in an argument with my husband and won't let it go until he sees it my way;
every time my rush to get somewhere leads me to yell at my kids;
every time I get down because someone doesn't gush over something I said or did;
every time I feel hurt because someone pushes my ideas aside;
every time I interrupt a person who is talking to me; etc.
Each and every one of these times I have lived out the lie that I should be living for me.

In A Quest for More Tripp calls these moments "shadow glories". I was created to live for much, much more! In desiring to live for myself, I give up the transendence of living for Christ. Pride is obviously the culprit; my pride is evidenced in my answers to the questions I have linked to above.

There is a better way. Through repentance and humility I can gain a world that does not pass away and my Father and I can communicate. My Father's voice can be heard when I repent of my arrogance and acknowledge that his ways are much, much higher than my own. When I trust him and recognize his love, his sovereignty, his providence, his power, his righteousness, his holiness, his complete transendence of all, I can begin to see why living for myself is so utterly ridiculous (truly to be ridiculed)... and I fall in love with my Savior and he heals me.

1 comment:

Vanessa C. said...

Jennifer, I am really enjoying your blog. Today's post was very... eye opening. God bless you!