My Guys - You Gotta' Love Um

My Music Mix


Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Honestly . . . and sometimes it hurts

I don't like chit-chat.

I don't like to shop (hate it, unless I'm looking for books).

I love learning about lots of things (even things I don't like on the face of things like Iron Maiden - lots of the lyrics are all about history.)

I'm not a very constant friend, but I love my friends for putting up with that.

I like things to be done my way - and I often yell when they are not.

I see how we (Christians) make up our own gospel all the time and that really hurts.

I love learning about other cultures through meeting people, reading books, watching movies, etc. Some of these cultures have some customs that seem very hard to follow and that hurts.

I loved reading My Name Is Asher Lev, The Gift of Asher Lev, The Chosen, Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and several of Yep Laurence's books. These books are very real and sometimes it hurts to read them.

The people who do not think I am real have never tried to get to know me - just ask my husband.

I don't do a lot of girly things like scrapbooking, beading, etc. I prefer to make things for the 2 and 3 year-olds in my Sunday School class - things that help them remember. I also love making things for my sons and husband or fixing things (or rigging them).

I love, love, love teaching my kids (and I hate it too, when I get angry and impatient). They are such smart guys and talented, although at least one of them thinks I turned him into geek.

No comments: