My Guys - You Gotta' Love Um

My Music Mix


Saturday, December 13, 2008

Faithful

I want so much to be faithful.
Faithful to God.
Faithful to my husband (the kind of faithfulness that means more than loving him best).
Faithful to my children.
Faithful in my relationships.

The gotcha is ... I am too darn selfish and lazy.

I love the time I spend with others. The relationships I have are with people who are talented and interesting, and each person's thoughts give me great insight. So I'm kicking myself and saying, just take a little time out of your day to call, to look at a blog, or even to visit someone.

Now, God. Why is it so hard to find time for you? Of all the relationships your's is the best. In all of this life I must ask you to give me faithfulness and help me discard this selfishness and laziness.

Listen ... I hear 1 Corinthians 13 speaking to me. Love is what I need to be faithful to God and to others. I really need to learn to love and remember the love that God had for me.

No comments: